Yes and Yes and Yes

Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. To draw near to listen is better than to offer the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they are doing evil. Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few. For a dream comes with much business, and a fool’s voice with many words. Ecclesiastes 5:1-3 (esv)

I really believe God wants intercessors who are happy. Who are joyful. Who seek to listen to Him more than talk to Him. That is not to say intercession is without tears; God has certainly assigned intercessors with the gift of mercy and that gift seems to manifest in tears a lot. But I believe more than the tears, He wants breakthrough, He wants solutions. We can be sorrowful but if that is all that is going on, what good is it for the Kingdom?

Before the intercession team came together in LA for passion, I asked them to pray and seek God for a word to pray while they were there. It means believing God is going to speak to you and you are going to wait on Him; to seek His heart more than to tell Him your agenda.

It's late Saturday afternoon and I'm alone in the boardroom between sessions. All I want to do is be silent with God, to listen for His breath in this place. For the stillness in the whirlwind. Earlier I was in a windowed room watching the skies change above us, knowing the angelic army was moving over this land, this city. One of our intercessors had prayed about the host of angels in the city of angels. And then of course we were singing David Crowder's Rain Down, which seems to usher in God's raindance when He wants it to. I'm just saying.... they have something going on there in Waco... and I believe angels are looking for action, so don't ignore them.

It's very quiet in the board room, and I'm sitting alone asking God what to concentrate on next in prayer. I'm wondering what kind of meetings will take place in this room after Passion and I'm betting it's not going to include acts of intercession like leaping off the table and anointing oil. And I'm thanking the Lord, He has activated so much in the hearts of the students and I believe He is going to grant some specific requests. That His heart is pleased and I know Him to be so generous. I know so far there has been enough money given by the students for 9 wells and I want to see even more the power of His hand. I ask for a number of wells to pray for and 16 comes to mind. It makes me laugh.

The intercessors are gathered one last time in the board room, and they are energetic and ready to go. Both teams are in the room for a full court press of prayer before we go up into the last part of the last session. I tell them we are going to pray about the wells, that so far 9 wells have been funded. "I think we should pray for sixteen, " I say. I'm loving looking at their faces, challenging them to grow their faith. Money for 9 wells has been given in 24 hours and I'm believing God for 7 more with a few hours to go. There is about a second's pause and they are smiling, saying yes...soon this becomes a room of agreement. I don't know that we ever pray formally for this, but we have seen God do so much we know this is a little thing for Him and it pleases His heart. We spend our time thanking and worshipping Him, and it's LOUD again. I'm wondering if the rain is coming down outside as well.

I have learned to be specific in my prayers. When our sons ask us for something, they are specific in what they want. Why should we be any different with the Father? I ask God to answer prayers by certain dates, to help me find shoes in 20 minutes, to tell me what store to go to, to give me a grocery list when I don't have one and I'm tired. His answers are just as specific in return. Not that He always says yes, but just like a child, I will always ask. He is my Lord of everything.

The arena is full of hearts that are lighter Saturday night. Hearts that have been touched by the Holy Spirit and will now touch the world. I know there are hearts that still hurt, still struggle, still question. But the wings of the Spirit have opened and flight has happened and Jesus is the driving wind behind it. Roots have been pulled up and seeds have been sown. My God who still smiles dangerously is far from done with this city!

Louie is on stage shortly after we come in and he's holding a piece of paper. I'm hoping he's going to talk about the wells and guess what, he is. I'm watching the intercessors in front of me. "We have the final number of wells, and you guys gave 400 dollars short of sixteen wells." There is loud applause and cheers from the students - but the intercessors, the intercessors are flipping out. They are high-fiving one another and yelling "Sweet Sixteen!" I see one come running across the arena, you may know her as Tracy. I am thanking God so much for His goodness and the way He just confirmed 10 intercessors in their belief that God does answer prayer and He did hear them specifically. So great.

Outlast the sun, outlive the moon -
age after age after age.
Be rainfall on cut grass,
earth-refreshing rain showers.
Let righteousness burst into blossom
and peace abound until the moon fades to nothing
Rule from sea to sea
from the River to the Rim.

Blessed GOD, Israel's God,
the one and only wonder-working God!
Yes and Yes and Yes.

from Psalm 72 (the Message)