days six and seven

You Are
Our youth pastor Tyson Joe often asks me to pray for the youth retreats and events as they come up, and he's so great at giving me the detail of what's going on, who is going, etc. I'm not a list prayer, much, but when Tyson gives me a list of student names to pray for, I do. And God makes certain names stand out for whatever reason.

Today as I was scanning the Austin newspaper's headlines, I noticed a car wreck involving several teenagers. As I read the names of those killed, one of them really stood out. Audrey from Austin High School. I was pretty sure she was one of the names I had prayed for last year. I emailed Tyson and he said it was her, and that she also went to our 5 o'clock service. Those are my babies, my favorites to pray for, the 5 o'clock service.

As I drove to church today, I wondered why God had me pray for her. He didn't give me a reason, just said do it. I prayed she would have her world invaded by the Holy Spirit. I don't know if it ever happened.

But life is not random. It's not random to pray for someone by name off a list for no reason other than God is telling you to. It's not random to decide to read a newspaper story when you have a million other things to do. Believe and be confident in what you are hearing from God. You don't have to share it with the world, but pray through it.

Please pray for her family and her friends Kate and Katie who are hospitalized with severe injuries.