Jesus you are God of this city

Even though I am free of the demands and expectations of everyone, I have voluntarily become a servant to any and all in order to reach a wide range of people: religious, nonreligious, meticulous moralists, loose-living immoralists, the defeated, the demoralized—whoever. I didn't take on their way of life. I kept my bearings in Christ—but I entered their world and tried to experience things from their point of view. I've become just about every sort of servant there is in my attempts to lead those I meet into a God-saved life. I did all this because of the Message. I didn't just want to talk about it; I wanted to be in on it! 1 Corinthians 9:22-23 (the message)

The word italicized below encouraged me as I read it yesterday. When there is lack of prayer in our church, in our lives, all I know to do is to keep waving the banner of prayer, keep talking about it, keep hoping someone will notice it's lack. Most of all, keep talking to God about it. Pretty sure it's important to Him. It brings His unity, His heart, His hunger for the lost to know Him in our city. Encourage those who are praying, who are interceding and never stop praying. Seek them out for encouragement.

I just ordered Pete Greig's book, God on Mute. He's the author of Red Moon Rising and I can recommend this one without yet reading it . So many of us are in a place where we are experiencing God's silence to our prayers for so many things. We could get angry about this. And I admit I do. But what causes you more to desperately to seek His face, His heart, than His silence? To know truly you love God unconditionally, that you don't see Him as God on demand?

He always silent for your own good. He always has a plan in it. Believe it. Don't stop praying, even if it feels like everyone around you has. Don't believe the lies Satan has for you. Be a happy intercessor. Keep praying prayers of BIG faith and BIG hope. We have a GIANT GOD!

February 10, 2008. Why you do it. You wonder why you do what you do. For me, most every time I am in another country doing missions, I wonder to myself, "Why am I doing this?" Nearly everything is different than my culture. But then I get this lump in my throat and God tells me once more why I am there. Today He says keep finding common ground with those to whom I send you, whether it is your family, church or workplace. Enter into their world and share their condition that you might bring them to Christ. Be one who spreads the Good News and enter into its blessings. Why you do it. Ras Robinson