day nineteen

You Are

David set up a puppet government in Aram-Damascus. The Arameans became subjects of David and were forced to bring tribute. God gave victory to David wherever he marched.
1 Chronicles 18: 5 (the message)

A few months ago I asked Syd who he thought would be our next president. I wasn't sure he was even cognizant of the fact there was a presidential race going on. "Obama," he said without hesitation. "Really? Why?" I said.

"Because it's time we had an African-American for president." I found that interesting. I know that is Syd's personal opinion, nothing he has heard or been told. "Well, you pray him into office," I said, "and I'll pray he becomes a Jesus freak while he's there."

"Good," said Syd. End of discussion. Beginning of our presidential prayer pact. You may not like it, but hey, it's a free country. Get out there and vote. I want someone young and moldable. The Holy Spirit can mold that clay.

When it comes to prayer, what hopefully sets us apart is that we know the power of persistent prayer. It changes things. My kids know it. If we are in relationship with God and praying his heart and persevere, we see the fruit of it.

I guess we'll see how God answers our prayers. He is over the government and ain't no one gonna get in that God hasn't ordained to be there. James Dobson says there is no one he would endorse, unless something's changed since I read that a while ago. I'm not endorsing anyone either...