show them the way that You feel

The message of the cross was so powerfully conveyed
last weekend in LA. A lasting image I will take with me is the look of joy on so many college students faces as they came and left the building in herds, really. It gives me so much hope and so drives me to keep praying for them. I know they get the message of the cross and are so living it.

As I was looking through all 4 photos I took in LA, I loved this one not only for the rain in front of the Nokia Theatre, but for the image of the cross on the building close by. I was trying to catch an image of all the squares lit up but took this instead by mistake.

Back to the intercession room...

It's Saturday morning and one of the emerging themes we are praying for is for this group of students to know they are set apart to do something spectacular in the name of Jesus. But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who have called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. 1 Peter 2:9

We are worshipping with Majesty and Marvelous Light, and we are asking God to keep knocking on their hearts. We ask God to have them sow into what is eternal. We ask God to give them a revelation of heaven and of hell. For a warrior-like spirit like our Warrior King. That He would set the captives free!

As we are ending up our prayer time, a few intercessors who were in the main session come back with a college student, who we'll call T. It is evident the Holy Spirit is working powerfully in him at the moment and he is broken. He takes a few moments to tell us what is going on, and I'm proud of him for even coming to this room in the basement full of strangers and asking for more prayer.

In tears, he tells us he feels rejected, alone, even though he came with a group, he feels so alone. He knows God has something more for him. I feel his pain, I feel protective of him, and it's killing me to know he is one soul indicative of so many more living the college life and in this place this weekend. There is that unexplainable joy mixed with sorrow that comes with brokeness.

We pray for him, encourage him, confirm to him that he is experiencing the power of the Holy Spirit. We pray JOY into his soul, ask God to do it! I ask God to show him how much He loves him. I wish there was more we could do for him but am so confident God used his time at Passion to birth something new in his life, to lovingly bring him to this place. His face stays with me, his dark choppy hair, his skinny frame, his tears. We won't stop praying for him.

more later...