I B a INFP

The other day at Imagine Art each staff person took a personality profile test, and then we had someone come in and interpret the results.

According to this test I am a INFP. Supposedly only 1 percent of the population is this. I'm not sure what that is based on, or if that is even desirable. I may have just been signed up for some psycho-analysis. Before I got the profile results explanation, I tried to think of what those letters stood for. I NOT FREE PERSON? Inner Nature Freaking Player?

I'm not a fan of these tests, but I have to admit it was somewhat accurate. I tend to let my mind wander when answering 50 questions about myself...I get distracted by the view out the window. I kind of expected schizophrenic results: "Anne is an introvert who loves to shout and loves people except for when they are around her." But I followed the instructions and went with my first instinct as they asked.

It turns out I am a "Introverted Feeling With Intuition Seeker and Keeper of Human Values". Sounds like a Thai menu item. I like being a "seeker and keeper." That is true of me on the beach regarding sea shells.

See what you think - here are a few of the results about my personality (with my comments in parentheses) -

This person's preferences (tendencies) include:
Faithfulness to duties and obligations related to ideas or people they care about. (true)
Perfectionism when they care about something. (true)
Taking a very personal approach to life. (sometimes true...and this would not be a good thing by the way in my perception)
Judging everything by their inner ideals and personal values. (true)
Inner loyalties and ideals governing their lives. (true)
Reservations about expression of deepest feelings. (false)
Little desire to impress or dominate. (true)
Sticking to their ideals with passionate conviction. (true)
Prizing those who understand their values and goals. (true)
Tolerance, open-mindedness, understanding, flexibility and adaptability in everyday matters. (hmm.....)

This person desires an environment which includes:
Working at a job they believe in (so this is why I was only a Marriot hostess for 30 minutes.)
Contributing to something that enhances human understanding, happiness, or health. (yes, like buying my children candy)
Gift of expression. (true)

This person is more balanced when he or she:
Doesn't spend too much time in extraverted activities which cause them to become scattered and disorganized. (does facebook count?)
Has a support person who can keep them focused on a sense of purpose. (and his name is Blonde FunkNation)
Can find a channel for expressing their ideals. (very true)

Possible careers suited to INFP:
Writing (true)
Psychology (seriously...maybe i could write a paper about puppets)
Counseling (every day of my childrens lives whether they want it or not)
Teaching (pass)
Literature (as in? reading it?)
Art (true)
Science (seriously..i don't think the test covered my intellectual apititude for this answer.)

Interestingly enough, 3 out of 5 staff members at Imagine Art are INFP's. Yet we are 1% of the population. How did this happen? I think it's a God thing. Happily, we all get along and compliment the other personalities in the office nicely. (The Extroverted Realist Idealists Make it Happen or Something Like That) people.

I'm very happy the Lord doesn't view me as an acronym...but it is interesting nonetheless.

Thoughts? Anyone else have a personality test result they would like to disclose? Now's the time.