friends.

I'm so thankful for my close girlfriends. Those people who really get me, who minister to my spirit and who I can most effectively minister to. Who make me laugh so hard.

These friends are a gift from God. These friends are the ones, that when I prayed to God for real friends, are there for me. These are friends I let Him pick. Imagine that.

Ever try to be friends with someone who doesn't like you? I have a few of those situations going on right now, and I have to laugh at myself. Why do I try hardest with those who care so little about me? Do I just thrive on rejection? Actually, I'm thankful for those who reject me, because it allows me to enter into the kind of rejection Christ endured, in the smallest way. And it gives me empathy and understanding for women who come to me who struggle with rejection.

I realize when I do this, go after these friendships, it can be a matter of pride. I "think" we should be friends. Or maybe I want something from that person. Anything other than God-ordained friendship will fail. We are so much better off when God picks our friends. Trust me. I am so glad He has shown me this, and that I am learning more and more to be obedient to Him in it.

God commands us to love one another. We have to love those who persecute us, who mistreat us, who betray us. Who reject us. To bless them. But thank the Lord, He gives us those friends who love unconditionally, who are there for us in a heartbeat, and who see in us the women He has made us to be. If you don't have friends like that, than pray for some. God wants you to have those kind of lifelong friendships.

That's the kind of friend I want to be...I fall short often, but I am still trying.