he is the anointed of the LORD

He said to his men, "The LORD forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the LORD's anointed, or lift my hand against him; for he is the anointed of the LORD." 1 Samuel 24:6

Pondering this verse today, of how David had the chance to kill Saul who was out to kill him. This was David's reply to his men when they believed the Lord had delivered Saul into David's hands by bringing him to the cave where they hid.

Praying the Lord will guard the words of my mouth, and put a watch over my actions. That He will give me even more respect for those who are anointed of the Lord. Thanking Him that He is our Defender, and my Deliverer.

I will wait for You to move,
For Your mighty hand to save;
When the troubled waters rise,
You are my hiding place.
You are my hiding place.

Your walls are salvation;
Your gates are praise.

My Deliverer
My Deliverer
My Deliverer
Is the Lord

Who is like You, mighty God?
Who can take me from Your hand?
As I walk with You in freedom,
You're the Rock on which I stand.

You're the Rock on which I stand.
lyrics from My Deliverer, Chris Tomlin