you're gonna make it after all

Some of you know I love what the Passion ministry is doing for Kingdom and pray for them. You may know that they are thinking and praying about having a church in Atlanta. I read on their blog recently that people are sending them resumes. Which I think is funny, considering the church doesn't exist. Really, time is better spent praying for the World Tour, which has it's first date of the second leg on Friday night in Manila. www.268generation.com/worldtour

Anyway, it got me thinking - what kind of resume would I send them, if I wanted to join up? I haven't made a resume in over 10 years - actually, I take that back - I did pull one together for my current thing at Imagine Art. But they lost it. At the interview, they mentioned they accidentally deleted it. So I could pretty much make up anything. Hmm....

Okay, so if I were to write a new resume, here's what it would look like. Feel free to copy it and insert your own name in case you need to apply for a job that doesn't exist, at a church that doesn't exist.

Anne Smith
Intercessor...Shopper...Artist!

Goal: (isn't this what goes at the top?) I like aim better. Like Elvis Costello's song "Allison", my aim is true.

AIM: To worship Jesus, to seek Him, to find Him. To glorify Him and to make Him famous! (note: This is the only serious part of my resume).

Education: I've been to some schools. Some better than others. Other than the Holy Spirit leading me through God's word, I really like Beth Moore's studies. I find Facebook very informative but only stay on it for 10 seconds at a time to keep it fresh. Or maybe I'm thinking of Wikipedia. If there was one pastor who is alive today that I could have a long conversation with, it would be Bill Johnson.

Skills: I tend to freak out during worship. If you need a person like this at your church, I'm your woman. I'm also good at coloring hair (I guess I should say I'm good at having other people color my hair) and leading makeover "seminars" where the "guests" think they are just coming over to my house to watch the Gilmore Girls.

Other skills: I am very fond of basketweaving with our artists at Imagine Art. They don't let me in the studio often, but that's going to change when they see what I bought at Jerry's Art-a-rama this week. I like shopping at Nordstrom's mainly to see the piano man, and to buy Syd and Ben shoes. I know how to make panna cotta. I know A LOT about Gloria Vanderbilt, thanks to my eighth grade term paper. I know how to make Steve laugh.

Intercession: I guess I should mention this, because I am very VERY fond of praying for others. And with others. Favorite place to pray: Behind the stage at the Austin High gym. If they would set up a coffee shop just behind me, perhaps in the dance room, it would be an even harder place for me to leave. Second favorite place to pray: Anywhere outside. Third favorite place to pray: Anywhere I'm not allowed to be. Person who has influenced my prayer life the most that is still alive: Pete Greig. Other person who has influenced my prayer life the most, also still alive: Vicky Porterfield.

References: Stephen Smith, Puppet Master. Deanna Valdes, Tamer of Hair. Cliff Morrison, former weatherman of K-EYE TV. I think that's his name. Tien Hong, Artist. (But don't try to talk to her, she rarely speaks English - or anything else that you can understand, for that matter.) But we are solid. Here's picture of me with some of my friends.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I really should be packing for our vacation which starts tomorrow!, but it was important to me that you guys had this in case you needed it.