Jesus longing

I am finally finishing up Beth Moore's bible study on the Patriarchs, after starting over a year ago. I like doing her studies as the wind blows, picking them up and putting them down, always finding the words on the pages and the scriptures cited to be exactly what I need to hear from God when I do pick them back up. Considering it took the Patriarchs over several hundred years to tell their story, I don't think 18 months was too long to hear it.

Today's lesson was no less amazing to me, as Beth talked about the prophetic blessings Jacob bestowed on his sons. She mentions how several of the blessings he gave are referred to as "anti-blessings" by scholars. Blessings that seemed to bring restriction, and were only the beginning of the story, as prophecies go. She posed the question of blessings of restriction in our own lives.

She says: "Personally, God's decision to disallow us to fill roles we-by temperament or history-are unfitted for is also a blessing. Both what we receive and what we don't receive can constitute blessings for us and those around us. God is all-wise. He blesses us as surely by what He does not grant as what He does."

That statement really ministered to me. I thought about the roles God has had me move on from, and how if I had not, the people involved wouldn't be blessed as fully as God intends if I had stayed. It's hard when you enjoy a role He's given you, but it's only impossible if you don't let yourself fall into the knowledge and trust He has something better planned. A better blessing so that we can better bless the Bestower. Really, what more is there?

We lift our hands in praise to You
We lift in our hearts in worship to You, Lord
You Lord
We lift our voice to You and sing
Our greatest love will ever be You, Lord

This morning as I drive into town along FM 1626, I thought of how far God has taken me in just a few years. I wasn't sure then where I was going completely, and I still don't. He made me to be a free spirit, to go where the wind blows. To look for Him and to find Him. To feel His love and know that I am His.

Glorious
Over us
You shall reign
Glorious

I'm driving under a big Texas sky and as I open up the sunroof, I suddenly have the urge to turn the music up LOUD and feel the wind on my fingertips. It rushes through and the Jesus longing that is now so very familiar, returns.

There is a King that we adore
With humble hearts we bow before You, Lord
There is a place we long to be
Face to face we long to see You, Lord

Majesty and power
Are Yours alone forever