Jesus

Today is Steve's birthday. He is fast asleep, as it's...2:30 a.m.

I can't sleep. I'm praying for him, for us. He jacked up his knee over the weekend and we are waiting on x-rays to see what is wrong. I hate that he is in pain, hate that he will spend his birthday hurting.

I am so sorry for him . I am also so thankful for him. He is my best friend, my unconditional love who is the closest thing I have in the flesh to Jesus.

These last few months have been loss upon loss upon loss. I know I don't have to explain, God knows what I'm talking about. His River of mercy runs through me. And I feel more like the little paper boats my brothers and I used to sail down creekbeds, than any windswept sailboat out on the open sea. I think I have cried enough in the past month and a half to supply a new river for the city of Austin, which would be good news for the drought we are having. But it's not without knowing God's hand leads me. It's not without the love of my husband, my sweet boys, my friends. I am blessed a lot and I will always bless His name. I know this night season will have an end.

And tomorrow's dawn will be beautiful, because when is God not beautiful? When do Your mercies ever fail God? When does Your love ever end? You are Courage, You are the only Warrior, You are JESUS. When He leaves me in a hiding place to rest, I get up and follow Him. I won't let Him out of my sight. He gives me a view of the battlefield from His tower, enough to let me know the heavenlies are stirred up and no evil can get near me. He tells me to rest but I hold onto His garment because I won't go anywhere without him. I rest in Him. He's all I need.