they are all Yours

I started Beth Moore's Beloved Disciple study today. Actually I didn't make it past the dedication page where there is a picture of Beth with her daughter and son-in-law on their wedding day. She writes to her son-in-law, "If I could have looked the world over for a life partner for my firstborn, I would have chosen you. No need. God already had."

That made me cry, because I know it's true. How much time have I spent praying for Syd and Ben's future spouses? Not enough.

I decided right then to write a prayer on the dedication page of this bible study for my boys and date it. Someday I'll look back at it and see what God did with my prayer. Here it is.

How much do we believe God for choosing our children's spouses?

Lord, please give Syd and Ben wives who are in love with You. Who are uniquely beautiful, tender-hearted, compassionate, merciful. Who will become like sisters. Who will be faithful and love my sons like crazy. Who will know how to speak words of encouragement and wisdom. Who will have great senses of humor. Who will love shopping with me. Who will love the beach, soccer, hiking, lobster, cooking, good movies, superheroes, roller coasters and Ben and Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Who will have creative souls, will be free spirits who are also an anchor in their home. Who will make their house a home. Most of all, they will know everything, everyone is ALL Yours. Find them Lord and write Syd and Ben's names on their hearts after Yours. So be it LORD!