My annual Christmas gift picks

Okay, as promised, my annual Christmas gift ideas in September.

I could mention here two great Christmas gift ideas, that being Francis Chan's new book on the Holy Spirit, and David Crowder Band's Church Music album coming out tomorrow. I will be giving those away definitely (not here) and hoping to receive as well. No - the items shown here today are not even in the same category as those great gifts. I was stunned when I first saw them in a catalog and can only hope you will be too.

A little aside here first on David Crowder's new album. When I first saw the album artwork, I immediately thought of the rock band belt buckles my brothers sported in the 70's. Glossy oval brass buckles emblazoned with the colorful logos of ELO, Steve Miller Band, Styx. So David if you are reading this, please think about making some belt buckles to sell in your store. I think they would sell like wildfire in California.

Some people are wondering why the title Church Music. Here are my thoughts. When the Crowder band was on the Passion World Tour, somewhere on the eastern side of the world, they happened upon a noodle restaurant. As they ordered some pho, they overheard the following conversation, in broken English (unless of course they speak an eastern dialect):

"Hey man, you going to that passion thing?"
"What? No - no man that's church music."
"Hey - church music is good, man! DCB - that's some real good church music!"

So there you have it. Maybe not a true story, but again David if you are reading, feel free to use that story in your press kit.

Okay, here are my Christmas gift ideas. I've narrowed them down to seven items, the number of completion. Buy any of these things, and you will surely make someone a very happy gal or guy come Christmas morning.

I fell in love with this hoodie when I first laid eyes on it. Not so much for it's fleecy softness, but for it's many versatile looks. I like look no. 2: "you think I'm cold, but really I'm about to rob you."
I don't really think this is a great gift; I just really like how the cats look in the picture.
Do you know how long I've been looking for a pair of stretchy pants faux torn jeans? Very hard to find. Look how happy this man is to have found them - and at such a happy price!
I showed these to Blonde FunkNation and said these are the perfect glasses to serve poison in. Beware of the black glass.
If my husband didn't have an aversion to horses,
I would think about these for our bedroom.
I think I know who is getting these,
and they happen to play bass for Justine Blazer.
I'm getting these for a few of my girlfriends and asking them to please wear them around town during the holiday season. A slipper revolution! No more crocs! No more flip flops!! Just slippery crocheted slippers with bells! Think of the freedom!
There is this growing trend for cute cupcake bakeries in Austin. This merchant sort of went with that idea, but decided one giant gluttonous cupcake would be the better way to go.

Merry Christmas, people. It's officially the last day of summer. My and my people are going to to celebrate! Love!