coffee cups, pt. 2

I know some of you have been checking my blog in hopes of seeing the sequel of the coffee cups that live in my home. All 3 of my followers. I'm happy to delay cooking dinner by 20 minutes to bring this to you, beloved reader.
This is a much-loved cup I can't throw out. Today for the first time I tried to translate what it says on it. I used an on-line translator. This is what came out: "hello world of which I am the headlight ray nant bets shines it our sings mine hearts" Wow, that sounds like e.e. if I ever heard him. Possibly this cup was made in China. Which is fine with me.I got this cup at the Starbucks in Kyle. It reminds me of my Grandmother Brown, who loved Asian art. It makes me happy and is one of the few I serve coffee to guests in.
Another ugly cup I made at a pottery place in town. Steve and I had a date one night, many, many years ago. (We've had a few since.) This is what I produced. It's scenes from my life. There I am wiping out on my mountain bike. In my defense, I did not have the adequate tools to paint with.
This is the mug Steve produced, which I think takes the honor of the ugliest cup in the house. He may take issue with that. It's decorated with the Great Horned Toad of Texas, which in this case I think resembles flattened roadkill. But I like a man who will go paint mugs with me.
This is from the first set of dishes I bought after we were married, from the Crate & Barrel located in NorthPark Mall in Dallas. I wanted everything in our Dallas loft apartment to look like it belonged in a cottage.
This was purchased on one of our Sunday afternoon dates to the Dallas Museum of Art when we were first married. The letters used to be white. I think possibly this mug gave me lead poisoning and is the reason I now act like I do.
I'm happy to be doing this blog post, partly because I discovered this mug with some sticky marshmallow remains in it. It's mate is a Santa mug, also in the same state. Quietly waiting in the cabinets to be found, probably for a good 9 months. I suspect the owners, and their names start with S. and B.