mi corazón pertenece a la Ciudad de Mexico

My heart is belonging to Mexico City. I can think of little else lately...as I live life in Austin, it's there, a song in my heart that gets louder by the day. A prayer working itself out, formulating it's own heartbeat inside mine. Each day I ask for more love for the people there, and each day the Lord supplies.

In nine days I'll go to Mexico City with Passion and help facilitate the intercession team for 18,000 young people of Mexico who are gathering for two days to lift the name of Jesus Christ up higher than anything else. It's such a blessing from God to be a part of this, and I'm always so grateful to go. We live in a time where the Lord is doing an incredibly awesome work in His church through this generation, and serving this generation as they serve the Lord is just so much joy for me.

So as I work, as I hang out with family and friends, as I worship here in Austin, pictures flash in my mind...they come and go like raindrops from the sky. A plaza, a sportsdome, a face. A glistening fountain, crowds of students. Druglords walking the sidewalk, gangs who are faceless to me, but take up much of my prayers.

I love how the Lord leads intercession. Those of you who intercede know the feeling of praying from thousands of miles away, how it doesn't feel like thousands of miles away. How He quickens things in your heart, people to pray for. With each nearing day, He draws my heart closer to Mexico City, to the students coming, for what He will accomplish. So that I will stop and pray.

I'm praying now that you will stop and pray for Mexico City. Please pray for our young team coming from Puebla, from the house of prayer at the church Amistad Cristiana. Pray for Susan and Kevin Grim who are bringing them and helping also to facilitate prayer. They are also bringing a guitar, keyboards...those of you who have been in the intercession room at a Passion weekend are smiling right about now. It's going to be good. Please pray for my mom, who is coming with me and knows two of the Mexican pastors who will be engaged at this tour stop. Please pray for all those coming... and for Louie Giglio and Francis Chan who will be bringing His word. For the entire Passion team working now on every detail.

I like praying the impossible...it's boring to me to give God small requests. I know nothing is too small or large...but that's just the way He wired me. I want the glory LOUD, I want it BIG, and I want it to be IMPOSSIBLY, AMAZINGLY from Him.

I'm asking God to raise a million dollars in Mexico City for onemillioncan. (see http://www.onemillioncan.com/) I know it's a lot. I rest in whatever He does with my prayers. And I'm praying for the druglords, the gangs, the addicted to make it into the Palacio de los Deportes where Passion will be held. For the saving grace of Jesus Christ to wash over them and bring salvation to hearts that are so desperately in need of His love.

So I guess in a way I'm praying for a whole lot of drug money to be given to Jesus and His church. More than that, for a change in the spiritual atmosphere of Mexico City. A reformation of the darkest areas of a city that is at this moment filled with strife. I rest in whatever God does, but I know with my whole heart He loves for us to ask for Him to provide for His Kingdom to come. So I'm asking. I humbly ask that you would ask with me too.

Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4