a prayer for the Austin Stone

Tonight during our service God gave me so much to pray, my heart is heavy for my church, for Austin. Wanted to share it with you.

Lord,
I pray that you give us a teachable spirit. I am so thankful You alone have allowed the Austin Stone to be a part of what you are doing in Austin. What an answer to prayer, what an answer to so many prayers of your people. Thank you for all the churches in this city, churches that are rich in Your Spirit and have been Your hands and feet for so many years. Lord let us learn from them.

Lord as we talk about serving the least of these, I pray that it wouldn't happen in 6 weeks, or 2 years, but today. I pray Lord that you awaken in us a deep desire to be your hands and feet. For some of us it will mean ministering to our neighbors, to the person at the grocery store. To the person sitting next to us in church. For some it will be a person in the Warehouse District, to yet another someone in Lakeway. For yet another a family in the St. John's neigborhood, for yet another a person under the bridge. Lord there are countless ways we can serve you and I ask we do this with humble spirits. Give us your eyes to see, your ears to hear. Desperate for this, desperate for more of you.

Thank you for Marivel Reyes, the woman pastor of El Shaddai. Thank you for their new bigger building at 290 and 183. Thank you that Marivel is led by You and has a fruitful ministry You have given favor to, as she serves the east side with a passion from You. Let us learn from her. Thank you for Phillip Kelly, the pastor of Austin Metro. Be with him Lord, comfort him as his best friend, their worship leader, had to leave the church. Let us know his pain Lord, let us pray for him. I thank you for every place in Austin that has a bible study, that has a time of worship because I know they are all dear to you. Thank you for Tim Pinson Jr. at Mission Possible, who I know is a joy to you, a bright light for you, who loves this city authentically with Your heart. Who walks the walk. Thank You for Church in the Hills, thank You for Hope in the City, for Hope Chapel. Thank you for Hill Country Bible. Thank you for St. Barnabus the Encourager. Thank you for the Austin House of Prayer. Thank you for the Austin Healing Rooms. Thank you for Barbara Bucklin. Let what is dear to You be dear to us, Lord. Lord keep us from ever thinking we are Austin's answer to the church in the city, keep us from it; show us we are just one facet of your body here. Humble us, Lord.

Lord, I ask that you give our church a new understanding of prayer. That as you have given us all keys to the kingdom, we would walk in Your authority. Let us know the joy of laying on of hands and praying for healing. Lord don't confine that joy to just a few but give us all a burning desire, make us all hungry to pray and heal in the authority You have given us. I ask for it today Lord. Make it so, make us so hungry for prayer as You are, that when we are in a church service, we are asking for You to give us someone to pray for. Do it Lord. For Your glory, Lord.

Jesus I love you, but give me more love for you. Give me more love for my church. Give me more love for my city. Give me much more. Give us all more. I want it to be too much and not enough, not ever enough until I see you face to face. So be it Lord.