hey you, i'm into Jesus

I was listening to a talk by Mike Bickle the other day, and he said he only allows his staff two "God told me"s a year. He said it was getting to the point everyone had a "God told me" every day and it seemed to be losing relevance.

I think that's really good advice I'm going to apply to myself. I think as intercessors, or really any Christian who seeks God, we tend to value hearing the voice of God to the point of distraction. And many times when God speaks to us, it's not to be a revelation for someone else. I have learned that it is much more valuable and powerful for the person God may be speaking to you about, to hear it from God Himself. There are times He wants you to share things for encouragement - but I think a lot of the time it is for prayer.

And if you limit yourself in what you share, over time, the things that are really relevant will burn within you and you'll know which ones God wants you to share.

In other news...

I came home the other day with some new glittery eye make-up and shoes (not glittery).
"Ahh!" said Syd, "you look like you got in a fight!"
Ben said, "Those are the kind of shoes Miss Piggy wears."
"I am neither a muppet nor a pig, thanks though," I say. "I am a beautiful woman of God!"
Silence. Then Ben, "Don't be prideful, Mommy."
I'm having flashbacks of growing up with two brothers. I can't wait for Syd and Ben to be teen-agers. I can't wait to see what kind of girls they want to date.