tuesdays child


These two are watching "I Want to Marry Harry".   In serious disbelief.  Nail biting tension going on. The phrase "this is messed up" continues to be repeated from the couch.  Still, they watch.  I love these two.  I've been gone 14 hours today.  Sometimes it's good to just come home and watch my boys watch TV.    They have worked so hard this school year, and I'm proud of all they have achieved.  I could list their GPA's, their class ranks, their awards and whatnot.

But what counts to me the most is their ability to work hard, to learn so much, and to figure out why they are here on this earth.  And to do it amongst quite a bit of trial and strife that are the middle and high school years. Well done, Syd and Ben.

And let's not forget they are funny.  Syd announced the other night at dinner:  "I'm creating Sydtopia.  Who wants to join?  There isn't much room, I'm keeping it small." 

Summer, come quickly.  We are ready for you.