faithful

As summer approaches and the days get longer, I've decided to dedicate a small amount of time each day to write and blog.

Today I have a heavy heart.  But as I look out my bedroom window, an oak tree fills it frame, capped by a blue sky. 

This is the same oak tree I stared at every day in 2010, as I was in a deep depression and just looking out my window afforded some relief.  Unlike the women in anti-depressant ads staring out their windows, I did have hope.  I was just so, so tired, really grieving and I was sick, really.  The oak tree covered a small part of the bottom of my window, and I could see a yellow housetop above it.  It seemed to never change, it seemed eternal.

I'm reminded of that today.  This live oak hasn't stopped growing.  It covers a third of my front yard, along with two other oak trees. It reminds me of the place the Lord rescued me from.  Today I have a heavy heart, but it's really okay.  Broken, but not distraught.  Sad, but not depressed.  Thoughtful, but not obsessed.

He has known my affliction and my wanderings.  But I can say this.  His mercies are new every morning, great is His faithfulness.