pray #bringbackourgirls

With the kidnapping of around 300 Nigerian young girls, I feel small in my ability to do anything.  Small in my prayers, small in my voice, small in my ability to make a difference.

But then I remember I serve a tremendous God, whose voice is a thunder.  Whose voice rips trees in two.  Who doesn't stop praying day and night, his breath interceding a constant plea.  A God who doesn't slumber, a God who sees all.   A God who rides a white horse, robed in a cloth rimmed in blood, a God who is called Faithful and True.  His eyes, blazing fire.

A lot of us don't feel very good about how we pray, how much we pray, or if one voice calling out a prayer in a horrendous situation makes a difference.  Personally, I find prayer very hard.  After all, I'm just one person.  Can a simple prayer take down a violent movement that has a wide, long and bloody path?

But when faith gives flight to my prayers, when I remember the faithfulness of God to pull me out a trench of death, then I can pray.  And it's urgent, it's demanding, it's constant. It's reminding God of who He is and what He alone can do.

I can guarantee you this.  There are countless people interceding around the world with such brokenness for these girls they probably can't get off the floor of the room they find themselves in.  Do your prayers matter?  Is your prayer added to theirs setting into motion the mighty hand of God that sets the captives free?

I believe YES.

If all you pray is Jesus over these girls, it's enough.  But ask God to give you more...to give you scripture to pray that speaks to what is happening the very minute you are praying it.  Pray for our government.  Ask God to give you dreams to pray, images, songs.  He is listening, He is looking for you, He is moving through your prayers.  His heart is breaking.  Is yours?

Then pray.

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.  2 Chronicles 16:9a (nkjv)