and there's fury in a pheasant's wings

"Yes, the Almighty will be your gold
And your precious silver:
For then you will have your delight
in the Almighty.
You will make your prayer to Him,
He will hear,
And you will pay your vows."

A while back I went to God with a request. I said to Him, give me a sign of which way to go, and He gave me a plan, a strategy. I knew the answer I would get from the person I was asking would be His sign of where He wanted me to land. What I asked for as a sign didn't really matter - it was just a sign of which way to go.

Ever been there?

The Lord freed me last week from a place of anxiety, of uncertainity, of fear. Complete freedom that can only come from Him. Confirmation of His purpose and plan for my life. Do you know the Lord who loves and cares and frees us from warfare? A Lord who intervenes and says - no - screams at the top of His lungs: "THAT'S ENOUGH! HER WARFARE IS OVER!"

Do you know that Jesus? Do you know the Father who comforts with a fierce love? The Jesus who says for all your broken bones I, Jehovah Rapha, I am now defending you. So that when the vultures circle over what they think they can possess in weakness, I the Lord will step in and break every bone in their bodies.

Ha. La. That's the Jesus I know. He is nothing short of awe. inspired. Breath.

What do you find yourself in awe of?

Jesus?

Or His gifts?

Jesus? Or His church?

Jesus? Or your identity in ministry?

It's a question we all have to ask ourselves, and probably pretty often. Because He can take away our God-given gifts, our identity, our ministry, to check our foundation at any time. Praise His Holy Name. I'm just saying...

"You will also declare a thing,
And it will be established for you;
So light will shine on your ways.
When they cast you down, and you
say, "Exaltation will come!"
Then He will save the humble person
He will even deliver one who is not innocent;
Yes, he will be delivered by the purity
of your hands."
Job 22:25-30 (NKJV)

And you know, when I asked the Lord to lead me, when I trusted Him to show me when I did not know the way, He did that for me. He's opened new doors in ministry. More than one! I barely have to touch the gates and they open. He knew all along. He smiles, laughs from above. I have so much joy in following after Him.

Do you know Jesus? The Miracle Worker, The Bondage Breaker, The Only One, The Fire Starter, The Loudest Voice, The Eternal God!

And there's fury in a pheasant's wings
It tells me the Lord is in His temple
And there is still a faith that can make the mountains move
And a love that can make the heavens ring
And I've seen love make heaven ring
- taken from lyrics of Calling Out Your Name, Rich Mullins