all the world's a stage

City School is having a Shakespeare festival this Thursday evening at the LBJ Wildflower Center. Dress rehearsal is tomorrow, so this morning was spent at a Goodwill finding costumes.

I selected some beautiful (in my mind) women's frilly shirts and vests for Syd and Ben to wear. Quite happy with my selection I found in under 15 minutes, I brought them home for them to try on after school. Thanks to Deanna for the suggestion.

Ben was thrilled and laughing loudly as I struggled to button his chubby tummy into a women's small shirt that seemed quite adequate at the store. Syd, on the other hand, would not come out of the bathroom in his costume.


He finally did, grasping at the lace around his little bare chest and yelling to heaven as only he can: "Dear God! I look like a woman!" Then he mumbled something else, maybe about the elephant man, and ran off. I was laughing too hard to calm him down. I think with my aunt Mildred's brooch, he will look just perfect as Caesar.


No photos of Syd, but here's a few of Ben, stoked to be in frilly clothes.