liberate! ben is eight!

Hola - Benjamin Tate Smith here. Actually my real name is Ben and Benjamin is my nickname. If you ask me my full name I will tell you it's Ben Benjamin Smith. Today is my 8th birthday!!!

Join me for a magical mystery ride through some of my favorite life moments. We'll start at Chuy's, where I had a birthday lunch today of queso, a pina colada (non-alcoholic of course) and a cheeseburger. I like Chuy's because I like Elvis. Would you like some queso?
Here I am with my best bud Syd. We are about to go see "Journey to the Center of the Earth" in 3-D. I'm psyched. Later, I will get a Lego set I picked out, and that my mom hasn't bothered to wrap.

Here's the Lego set my grandparents gave me when they took me out to eat at Texas Land and Cattle. Lego's are my world right now. Uncle Andy and Aunt Meri also gave me Legos. I got some gift cards to Target, and guess what I bought. Legos. Now I have a room full of tiny lego pieces that Scout is not allowed to go into.

Here I am at Laguna Beach. I like water a lot - the ocean, the river, the pool, water bottles, water fountains... maybe someday I will work with water. I don't like to swim, but I do like to be submerged for long periods of time.

I got to go to Disneyland last week with my five cousins who live in LA. My favorite part was the Indiana Jones ride. We got to the park at 8 a.m. and stayed until midnight. That is hardcore. Now for some pictures from my past:

You may find this look shocking, but when I was four-years-old this was pretty normal for me.
I spent a good deal of time in camoflauge as well. Whoever was in the closet needed to surrender.
Why be regular Superman when you can be BLOW-UP Superman???

This year I decided I like the color yellow a lot. It goes with my sunny personality.

Here I am again with my best bud Syd. Right after we took this picture we went out into a riptide and the lifeguard told my dad he almost lost us. But we survived to tell about it.
I'm looking forward to second grade and tearing it up at City School with my buds Ethan and Cade on the playground! Watch soon for some flag football footage of me this fall. Hugs - I've got to get back to my Legos...