give me your eyes...

In a few days it will be my birthday. I want for it to be low-key this year...last year was the 40th that I neither dreaded or loved...I see it at all as one step closer to Jesus. Really.

We celebrated at the Salt Lick with some really good friends and family. But I'm much more comfortable at someone else's birthday party. So I'm looking forward to my sweet friend Jen's party on the 1st...mostly because I love her and partly because it involves Mozart's. Coffee. Mmmm....coffee.

During our stay at Dana Point, I was telling Blonde FunkNation how much I'm looking forward to the next half of my life...or longer. Growing old with him. Being like those people in the Geritol commercials, in their hand-knit turtlenecks and reading glasses, knitting more hand-knit sweaters. Drinking cappuccinos on the beach with tears of gratefulness in my eyes for my blessed life...oh wait, that's already me. Oh yeah, just more of the same. I welcome the wrinkles and I am blessed to not have any gray hair...I haven't since I started coloring it two decades ago.

We've made some plans for my birthday, and since my last poll was SO overwhelmingly successful, I thought I'd do another one for you to partake in. Tis the season for voting. And if you are in a giving mood on my behalf...go to www.onemillioncan.com and give away!!! Will love you forever.

This week has been lovely moving our non-profit into the Austin House of Prayer. Can't wait to tell you all about it. Love!

p.s. Wanted to reply to a recent comment that was not added to my last post ...my son is neither the unibomber or anthrax sender. But thanks Dad for asking.