let the Son illuminate your words

Everyone in my family likes to write. Syd writes poetry, Ben creates comic books. Steve continues to write his children's story in his little spare time.


I love to write, but obviously it doesn't make me an expert by any means. I follow two rules for my own writing. 1) I don't write anything that bores me as I write it. Who is going to want to read it? 2) Show and don't tell.


Grammar isn't something I worry about. I would be hard-pressed to describe an adverb, or a dangling participle. Great if you love diagramming sentences. I just have never been interested in all that. sometimes i write in lowercase. it just depends on my mood. I think the best way to learn to write is to read a lot.


Words have power. God gives us authority in the spoken word, the written word. You have the power to bless or curse with your words. What is tripping off your tongue these days?


When I ask God to break off the curses others have spoken over me, over those I pray for, and I pray His blessing instead, I feel the shift as He does it. It's a lifting, it's a newness, it's an ushering in of His light and peace. We don't need to worry about what others are saying about us, but we do need to be aware of the enemy's tactics. He feeds on gossip, on harsh words. And he can't stand it when we speak love to one another.


The lips of the righteous feed many... Proverbs 10:21a