day thirty

You Are

I am so glad for friends that make me laugh. Here is one of them, the beloved Christine McLean. She is known for her sense of style, at least to me. I think she is very striking; the first time I met her four years ago was when she showed up at a prayer class in her floor-length zebra-striped coat with a huge smile on her face, new to Austin from LA. I remember thinking this girl and I are going to be friends.

So you can imagine my surprise and great excitement the other day when she called me from the Atlanta airport to tell me she had just bought us matching hats.

She couldn't wait for me to see it, so she posted this picture of herself on her blog. You have to admit, this hat is stunning and surprising all at once.

I am so so thankful for Christine, who not only makes me laugh, but is a partner in crime and prayer. Who pushes me when I want to give up the battle. Tonight as we discussed strategy at Austin Java it was hard to look at each other in our hats and have a serious discussion. Giggles kept erupting. I'm not much of a giggler, it takes a special friend to bring that out in me and Christine is one of the few. She has the precious gift of knowing how to make people laugh.


And she also knows how to ask thought provoking questions that keep me spurred on in ministry. She challenges my thinking. A friend and sister in Christ like that is invaluable to me, and to the Kingdom.

Thanks Christine. I think we have a successful start to the women who wear fake fur hats and pray club. All are welcome. You are loved!