day thirty-one

You Are

I will lift up my eyes to the hills - from whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1

Yesterday as Jenn and I prayed at Lanier, I couldn't ignore the marquee they have in front of the school, and the question - "Where's Greatness?"

It's coming...

It was weird to walk the halls in the silence of spring break, as if stepping into a memory that wasn't, going past lockers that represented friends, past the room that used to be the journalism room. Yet so great to pray with Jenn in her classroom and to know God was listening and was going to use our prayers more than we'll ever know. God led me to pray Psalm 121 for her and when we went into her classroom, she showed me that she had that scripture on her desk. He is so beyond our imagination.

I was really touched by her love for these students, as we prayed over each desk in Jenn's portable. Then as we prayed in a building that contained various shrines to students who have passed away, we just begged God to let His light shine in this place. It was so institutional, so sterile, so joyless. For His extreme joy, for more of His people to come in and war at Lanier. Please do it Lord!

Sidney Lanier was a poet...I love the combination of Vikings and poets, and we prayed for God's creative warriors to rise up. We prayed by the baseball fields, and I pictured lots of students gathered in prayer there, asked God to make it happen. For God to prosper the FCA that Jenn and her fellow teachers started this year. That the land that is now sparse and lifeless would be green and healthy and lives would be healed and the land would represent that.

Then your light shall break forth like morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer,
You shall cry, and He will say, "Here I am." Isaiah 58:8,9

I'm believing God for His transformation of Lanier High School. I think He is preparing to do something, out of seemingly nothing, like only He can. Jenn and I walk past cages of rabbits next to the sizable Agriculture building; cute little los conejos. Lanier is keeping it's FFA heritage in the midst of it's growing international population. Seeds are being planted by the Lord and we're asking God to make this place a light to the nations. Greatness is coming!

For as the earth brings forth its bud, as the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth, So the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations. Isaiah 61:11