Blessed be the One who gives and takes away

I have not been too forgiving towards God lately.  He is healing me gradually, but not on my timeframe.  And I learned this week my brother will not get a shorter sentence through parole.  It wasn't too much of a surprise, but I'm still angry his family will probably have to wait 2 more years to have him home.  I miss him a lot too.

I can think of all the good things that will come out of my depression and his prison sentence.  How God will use them to strengthen.  How God will use, is using them in ministry.  I am thankful that I'm a lot better than I was, but I fear there are some things regarding my depression that will never go away.   God is bigger than that, but I'm angry that He hasn't taken them away.

Today at Hope in the City, Janine gave the message and spoke on fear, from 2 Timothy 1:7.  She talked about how we hide behind busyness, among other things, instead of dealing with our fears.  How fear is the underlying problem with so many things we suffer from, including depression.  I'd have to agree with her.  She challenged us to ask God to show us the door to where our fear came in.  It's a lot to ponder, especially if there is more than one door.  But God knows them all.

I want to keep my heart focused on Jesus.  He alone by the power of His love, heals and restores.  When Janine speaks of the love of Jesus, she cries.  She makes a lot of us cry because His love is tangible in the place as the Spirit descends and testifies with our spirits.  God is good all of the time.  We just don't always see it, or feel it.

I grieve with my brother, but I know God is good.  I get angry at God, but I know He is good.  He knows where I am in the process, and I know He is good with that.  Even if I'm not.

Truly my soul silently waits for God;
From Him comes my salvation.
He only is my rock and and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be greatly moved.
Psalm 62:1