Enough

"Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things."  2 Timothy 2:7  In church yesterday, this is one of the verses we studied as we go through 2 Timothy.  I love that Paul told Timothy what it looks like to be strong in grace, but then tells him to go to the Lord for all understanding.  He doesn't pretend to know what God is speaking to Timothy through his counsel.  He is the messenger of the Lord.

Timothy had a lot of discernment.  As Paul says also, everything is permissable but not everything is beneficial. (1 Corinthians 6:12).  I can eat a lot of sugar and drink a lot of caffeine; it doesn't mean it's wrong.  But it's temptation that I don't need to follow as a dearly loved and chosen daughter of God.  It doesn't benefit my body.  I write this as I drink a cup of coffee.  I'm not beating myself up over a cup of coffee.  But if I feel weary, I'd rather ask God to take it away then depend on coffee to do it.

I don't have understanding of God in all things.  But I love trying.  I love seeking Him, knowing the treasures He has hidden for those who seek Him.  (Colossians 2:1-3).  I know He is good and faithful.  I know He lets us walk in blind trust so we can grow closer to Him.

I know He loves me. I know He has an endless supply of grace.  Let's give ourselves a break from the legalism that wants to rule our hearts.

Is His love enough for now, and always?  Yeah, it is.