He saw me, He knew me

Thanks to all of you who have left such encouraging words and prayers in your comments...I draw strength from them as God intends for the body to be for one another.  He is my ultimate strength, and I continue to cling to Him.  But I hope and pray what I share here encourages someone else, because it's from the depths of my heart.

He saw me. He knew me.  Before I was born, He formed me in my mother's womb.  This is the truth that continues to blow me away.  He saw me.  He knew me.  He sees me.  He knows me.  He will never leave me or forsake me.

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know."  Jeremiah 33:3.

There's a lot I don't know.  But I put my hope in My Rescuer who has already defeated every foe there is to defeat.

"Strengthen the weak hands,
And make firm the feeble knees.
Say to those who are fearful-hearted,
"Be strong! do not fear!
Behold, your God will come with
vengeance,
With the recompense of God;
He will come and save you."
Isaiah 35:3-4

This is the verse Janine Parrish, one of the pastors at Hope in the City, shared with me this past Sunday as I asked her to pray for me.  As she prayed God gave her the picture of Him as the Mighty Lion he is, holding me between his paws, with a mighty roar of anger towards the enemy.

It broke me.  I have felt that covering, that protection, in my darkest hours.  And about ten years ago, I had a vision of Jesus holding me tightly in his embrace, standing on a beach.  His head was raised above mine and he was roaring into the wind the fiercest war cry.  I have clung to that image and how He loves me and comes running when I call.

He is healing me.  I believe that.

"In my distress I called upon the LORD,
And cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
And my cry came before Him, even to
His ears.

Then the earth shook and trembled;
The foundations of the hills also
quaked and were shaken.
Because He was angry.
Smoke went up from His nostrils,
And devouring fire from His mouth;
Coals were kindled by it.
He bowed the heavens also, and came
down
With darkness under His feet.
And He rode upon a cherub, and flew;
He flew upon the wings of the wind.
He made darkness His secret place;
His canopy around Him was dark
waters
And thick clouds of the skies...

He sent from above, He took me;
He drew me out of many waters.
He delivered me from my strong
enemy,
...
But the LORD was my support.
He also brought me out into a broad
place;
He delivered me because He delighted
in me.

from Psalm 18

He saw me. He knew me.

Do you know this Lord Jesus?