picture yourself in a boat on a river

I haven't been blogging much because I've been on drugs for most of June. Not that I'm complaining. I am very grateful for the great endodontist and care I have been given. But my thoughts change on a dime and one moment I'm holding a thought, the next I'm dreaming of the colored gumdrop trees on the Candyland board. Not a bad place to be, and probably it would be entertaining to just write stream of consciousness...

One of the blessings of having my brother in prison is that I don't take things for granted as much as I used to. I could complain about tooth pain, but instead I marvel I can call my doctor late at night from the lake and the next morning pick up pills at a small local pharmacy. My brother has a sinus infection, or so I've heard through the family grapevine. I don't know what kind of wait he has to get medical attention. I know he's know living again in 100 degree-plus heat inside a metal building with little ventilation.

We really have so much to be thankful for in this country. We say it all the time, but we really do. In my deluded state of happiness, I'm still aware of this.

I started reading Max Lucado's "The Cure for the Common Life" and I love how he points out the simple truth of how we are all created to do something, unique to us. I think about this with my endodontist, how he lives to do root canals and other special dental work and does them so well. Or the pharmacist who loves her job enough to joke and chat with me as she fills my orders. I have no desire, ever, to be in the medical field. I barely made it through biology. I do enjoy watching a good scab form though. Do I need to remind you I'm writing this on drugs?

It's really amazing to think about, how we all need each other, and how we need one another to do what we do best, to contribute to this world in order to glorify God most. I'm still writing, and I'm still praying, although I don't always trust my thoughts enough to share them right now. So don't be calling me just for entertainment.

That's all I got. Now I'm going back to staring into space a little while longer.