Truth City, part three


Give us a love for peace
Move us to brokenness
Our generosity,
Release from poverty

Your Kingdom here and now
To the least of these
Distribute what we have
That all may taste and see -

Let Your Kingdom come
Let Your will be done
All the Earth will say
and echo angels' praise
that You are God...*



Last night the Austin Stone had it's last weekly prayer meeting for the vision series. It was unbelievable. I'm praying these weekly prayer meetings continue. Who's with me? I can be pretty stubborn in prayer...

Last night was packed out. So full, we couldn't serve communion. Every seat filled, every aisle, every place to stand taken up. If you build it, they will come. I sat on the last row when we started around 7:30. 3 worship songs into it, the students continued to come in through the door. Beautiful, lovely college students.

It made me cry. I know you are surprised to hear that. It made me cry when we announced it was too full to serve communion. I'll never get over what God has done, is doing, with our church and prayer. I remember the days of prayer meetings with 3 people. I remember coming home and telling Steve I was so done.
Those of us who passionately love God, we just want to be used by Him, right? When we feel we aren't being used effectively, it makes us crazy. Or maybe I should speak only for myself.

I love how the body of Christ is connected by our common love for Jesus. And I love how intercessors bond. I felt it instantly in Mexico City with the prayer team from Puebla. I felt it with the pastors and their families I met from around the nation. I will never forget that precious team of intercessors. I will never forget the joy, pure joy, radiating out of the eyes of some of the servants of the Lord I met from Mexico. I want what they have. It's not that common in the American church. We are tired, we are striving. We are making agendas, going through our lists, administrating, delegating, analyzing...re-analyzing, discussing, meeting....

I'll tell you what. Give me the church of Mexico over the American church any day if it means letting go of our fast-paced schedules. Let me wait on the Lord. Let me sit at His feet. Do not disturb me. And not just from 7:15 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. You know what I mean? Does anyone out there feel the pull I do to do church and stop being a lover of Jesus?

I came back from Mexico City and went back to my job at Imagine Art. I told them, "I need to move from working three days here to just one. I need more time to pray -I'm only spending 1 to 2 hours a week in intercession. It is literally grieving my spirit."

Don't get me wrong, I know not everyone is fortunate enough to just do what they are called to do. Or are they? What could you give up to do what you the Lord has laid on your heart? iPhones, cable TV, eating out, new clothes, new cars, big houses... nothing compares to the greatness of knowing Jesus! And you sure can't take it with you...

I love what Imagine Art is about, but the strong pull on me to intercede is definitely from God. The desire to do more writing is definitely from God. A devotional, a screenplay, an editing of Steve's book...all going on. My friends at Imagine Art know I didn't take this role on for the money only. And they as much as me want to walk in where God's calling them. I know with all my heart He will honor my decision to do this. Because He's the one pulling on my heart to do it.

Last night, we worshipped with this new song by Aaron Ivey, one of our worship pastors. I prayed it for Austin. I prayed it for Mexico. I prayed it for the world! The Lord is doing it, He's pulling on our hearts, He's unleashing the army that comes from the family Stone, from all over the world.

So let the sick run free
The orphan find her home
The captured man will know
Release from slavery

Your Kingdom here and now
To the least of these
Distribute what we have
That all may taste and see -

Let Your Kingdom come
Let Your will be done
All the Earth will say
and echo angels' praise
that You are God

We pray and ask for hope
We pray and ask for peace
We pray and ask for justice
We pray and ask for You
We pray and ask for You

lyrics from Let Your Kingdom Come,
Aaron Ivey