i blame leeland and andy melvin

The Austin skyline is ahead of me as I drive down Congress Avenue this afternoon. There are a few moments before I have to pick up Syd and Ben and I love driving down this street; the view of the beloved downtown skyline in front of me. I'm thanking God so much for our prayer meeting at the Stone the night before. His momentum is building an army that is our young church. "I love this city so much God," I say.

Fulmore Middle School, is on my right, where our church used to hold services in the beginning. I was there a year ago to complete my hotcheck writing class with the other felons.

Wow, I'm thinking to myself, I never noticed the street next to it is Leland. I'm full of love for my church and Leeland Mooring in that moment, and Andy Melvin's cd is playing in my car. The city looks bright and new.

The next thing I notice is the flashing lights of a motorcycle cop in my rearview mirror. "Seriously..." I say and pull over. "This is so not funny God." As if He's responsible...

"You were speeding in front of Fulmore." My specialty, school zones. I have to keep myself from telling the policeman I used to go to church there. "I'm so sorry," I'm telling him as I'm smiling and texting Matt Carter at the same time.

i just got a ticket in front of fulmore...ha!

quit breaking the law! is Matt's response. He's a good pastor to bring that up.

I feel a story coming on... another intercessor (not to drop names, Barbara Bucklin) has my defensive driving dvd...so maybe I will take the class and see who I can meet and put a prayer hit on. Beauty from ashes, it's a recurring theme in our lives, yeah?

GOD BE GLORIFIED IN AUSTIN TEXAS!