and i'm laughing so hard

The digital clock on the airport bus I'm riding on reads 10:49 a.m. I have 6 minutes until my connecting flight leaves at the other end of the Houston airport. Will I make it? There is some road rage going on in this bus, as everyone on the Austin flight is realizing our connections may be missed. I am fully prepared to use the bobby pin in my hair as a weapon if needed, should things heat up.

It's 10:52 and I'm running through terminal A. I can't remember the last time I ran through an airport. If I was smart enough to realize my chances of being on this flight ended 20 minutes ago, I would definitely not be running in flip flops.

Sure enough, too late. As I'm standing in line waiting my fate, I see one of the policeman who serves Passion as head of security sit down at my gate. I know you, beloved reader, are not surprised, that I would encounter the law. The look on his face as he talks on his phone makes me think he's also missed a flight. I'll call him Ken, after my favorite F-troop actor. I get on standby on Ken's flight, and only because a man standing in line lets me go in front of him at the counter and because of that, ends up on a later flight.

I'm heading to Passion Atlanta. Delays like this only add fuel to the fire and I can't think of anyone nicer than Ken and the people like him who serve our country so well, to spend a few hours with, as our flight gets delayed again and again. When we finally reach Atlanta, we get on the airport train as it's being announced that it is going to be out of operation. I will miss the prayer meeting I'm supposed to lead. More fuel to the fire. My bag is missing, then found. Ken's day has been even longer, with a missed flight and his family all flying in on different flights. His trip lasts about 18 hours.

I love Atlanta. And the more I learn about it, the more I understand why God is moving so hugely there. A huge Muslim population. The largest child sex trade in the nation. Racial tension that seems unbelievable to me. But our GOD is the GOD of the impossible!

Back at the hotel, Kristen and I are having some homemade ice cream another Passion team member has made, and it's heaven after a day of airports and planes. I love the Passion team, and I love God more and consider it all JOY to be in Atlanta. It's going to be sweet to war on behalf of the 9,500 college students who will be filling the Gwinnett Arena Friday evening.

Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints. Philemon 1:7