pt. 2: good times at the witte museum, san antonio

Everyone in my family loves a trip to the museum; we love looking at the dioramas and watching the museum films. I can handle about 5 minutes of looking at stuffed animals in the piney woods of Texas before my eyes glaze over. But I did see some permanently smiling bison that made my day.


More than the objects behind the glass, the thing that holds my interest the least are the museum films. This one stars the Indians along the Pecos River. At least I think that is what it is about - I left after the show starter to go look at Texas handmade quilts. Pondering the idea of starting a quilting club at my church, now that we have some people over forty. I want to see Matt Carter immortalized in tiny stitches.


Enjoy this prequel to the film, as some of my family sit respectfully waiting for the film to start. Others, like my sibling and son, were doing some of their own tribal dancing. This is why I bring my camera to museums.