poptart guy, you make my day!

We're standing in a long line at amy's ice creams in south Austin tonight when all of a sudden the woman behind the counter yells, "Hey it's poptart guy!" Her co-worker is like "Woohoo! I love it when poptart guy comes in!" Everyone pretty much turns to look at this man who would be poptart guy, standing at the back of the line, grinning sheepishly, holding a packet of poptarts to be crushed into his ice cream.

"Poptart guy and I are soulmates," the guy making my ice cream confides to me, then yells "Poptart guy! You make my day!"

Pretty much how I feel when Jesus arrives on the scene and saves the day. Which he has done quite a bit this week. He's cool like that, way cooler than poptart guy.

God is bigger than the air I breathe
The world we'll leave
God will save the day and all will say
My glorious! My glorious!
(from My Glorious, Delirious)