Some things overheard at my home during Christmas break

Some things overheard at my home and surrounding area over the Christmas break:

(and yes, I know Christmas is about Jesus. But we have had a lot of people through here this past week. And it's been pretty entertaining.)

Steve to my in-laws, as I'm showing them to our bedroom, where they will sleep:  "That picture of the nude is not Anne's mom.  We don't know who it is."

Me to Steve: "The back of this book about bikes says it's a 'tender sexy read.'  I probably shouldn't give it to our nephew after all."  

My mother-in-law to me: "I have these pink gloves from Easter, from when I was a little girl, that I wear when I vacuum. You know, to avoid getting the blisters you get from vacuuming."  
No, I do not know.

My dad to Ben at the candlelight service: "I think there could be a fire tonight."

My dad to my mom, after my niece draws on her eyebrows for her:  "You look good. Only a little surprised."

Me to Steve, during "The Crown":  "I wonder if Prince Phillip likes this portrayal of himself.  And don't you think I look like the Queen?"
Steve to me: (pause) "You're my queen."

My dad to me:  "I learned the name Frahm is a nickname for honorable." 
Me to my dad:  "Only a nickname? So only kind of honorable?"

My dad to us:  "Scout was a good dog tonight.  He only bit Ben once."
Syd: "We don't count it when Scout bites Ben." 

Syd when Ben leaves during the middle of a movie we are watching: "Where's Ben? Ben! Stop playing the piano and get down here!"

Syd appearing at our front door in his underwear and sweatshirt, carrying wet clothes. "I'll tell you later."

My dad, after handing out all the presents. "And now I'm going to open the one present I have, that I got myself."

Laughter is good for the soul, and helpful during the holidays.  With love.