day one. grit.

I have about 12 pounds to go before I reach my goal weight.  And another 5 after that, because as soon as I get off this crazy train I will immediately put 5 pounds back on. 

Anyhow...it feels like a LOOONG time I've been on this Ideal Protein weight loss plan, since August to be exact, and it's time to power through.  I'm grateful for the weight I have lost - 34 pounds - and could not have done it in this stage of my life without Ideal Protein.

In an effort to keep my joy and sanity I have decided to write every day until that happens, and post it here.  You can follow along, or not. 

I'm about to up my game and do a week where I eat 4 cups of vegetables each day with 5 of their drinks to supplement.  It's going to get real in about 2 days.

But enough about me.

Who thinks Casey Affleck will win the Oscar for Best Actor for "Manchester by the Sea"?  Has anyone seen it more than once? Twice?  Three times?  I was listening to the director talk on NPR about the fact comedy and drama co-exist.   Not a new notion, but one I like to ponder. I really dig that movie, even with all it's sadness...it's pretty genius.

I've been listening to the talks from the Passion 2017 Digital All Access Pass.  I feel like I should be able to use that pass to get on a subway, or a ride at Disneyland at the very least. I've listened to Beth Moore's talk twice.

She talks about grit.  Like the kind of grit Paul had when he was beaten and tortured and then got up off the ground, and walked back into the city that was beating him.  Her point being, it's our love of Jesus, not our calling, not our character, not our accolades, that will pull us through.

Do you have grit?  Do you get back up after you've been pushed down? Trampled on. Betrayed. Hurt.

Truth + Love = Grit.

Let us rise, those with grit.