my unofficial photo essay of Seattle

It's late afternoon and upstairs my boys are resting comfortably with their matching Tamiflu prescriptions, and my American Sniper book remains unread, as I am restless in my mind. I'm drinking coffee from my awesome coffee commuter cup that still has coffee in it from 6:30 a.m.  Very sniper of me, I think.

This rainy afternoon seems destined for something you, my dear reader, will really enjoy.  A few photos from our anniversary trip to Seattle last summer.  Keep in mind I took these while on hydrocodone and a few other things.  Or don't keep it in mind.  Please enjoy them, along with my commentary.

 
Here is the guest house we stayed in, in the small neighborhood of Greenlake. 
Notice I did not use the term "Bed and Breakfast". 
Otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed to pick it. 
It was incredibly awesome. 
Lots of food, lots of wine, lots of movies. 
Just what you want after a day of walking around Seattle.
 
 
A view of our room.
The owners left us some Seattle treats.
They had a great dog.
What more could you want?
 

At Pike Place Market.
Who are you?  Who who, are you?
 

 
 My guy and his happy place, Rachel's Ginger Beer,
located right next to Pike Place Market.
 
 
One of my favorite shots that Steve took.
We are living it up at the ginger beer place.
So many friendly faces.
 
 
We tried to eat salmon in every form,
in every way: smoked, jerky, cream cheesed,
grilled over a fire by Native Americans.
 
 
 
See what I did there?
Pretty cool.
 
 
Steve at the top of the Space Needle. 
S for South, or for Steve, or Smith.
 

I'm a little of afraid of heights. 
That would be why I'm facing this direction.
 

 
 Inside the EMP museum,
 the one and only Blonde FunkNation. 
 

We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at 67
inside of the Edgewater hotel.
 
 
The view from the Edgewater's lobby. 
Let's all live right there.


More from the EMP museum.
I always wanted to date someone from a-ha. 
Now I can say I almost have.

 
I can't tell you how much fun I had in this place.
Nordic Museum with dioramas + giant wooden horses =
I LOVE YOU.
 

Have you seen Boyhood yet? 
Remember the scene where Ethan Hawke skips rocks?
Here's Steve's version, minus the boy.

 
My friend Deanna was in Seattle a few weeks before us. 
She sent me on a treasure hunt that ended up at the cool Moore hotel's coffee shop. 
I begged for help with the clues. 
She would have none of it.
It really was such fun.
 
 
This is what the barista made us. 
Mexican mochas.
I was speechless and in tears at the beauty of it all.
 

 
Speaking of espresso, after we hiked Snoqualmie Falls,
I saw this sign in the ranger station.
Jesus loves me.  He is for me.


Snoqualmie Falls, home of the Twin Peaks television series.
Where I learned to love red lipstick and black eyeliner.
Don't ask, just go with it.

 
One day we got on board the Good Time II. 
That's all I can say about that.


This is one of my favorite pics of Steve
at the top of the Space Needle.
So loving, so devoted.
And please notice the couple embracing in the back.
Sort of a shadow of our love.
 


I took this picture. 
Me: "Steve does this look like the tunnel Princess Di died in?"
Steve:  "Are you actually taking a picture?"


One of about 1,000 photos I took inside the Nordic museum.
This pastor is a little woozy, good thing the altar is right there.


Seattle, I have loved you from afar. 
 
 
And from close up. 
Thanks for an amazing trip.


So long, from Seattle.