angry poetry, installment no. 1

these are previously published poems (believe it) from my university's literary arts magazine.  feel free rick jacoby to write songs around them.  and as you can see from my lowercase, i was reading a lot of e.e. cummings at the time.  and dorothy parker.  enough said.




(dedicated to scooters nationwide) 


to know you better
was all i wanted.
to share your love
only made me happy.
to see it's of little importance
only makes me angry.
holding you tight
refusing to fight
what happened to this?
it was all i wanted.
if only you had really cared
on past occasions.
if only when we held hands
true feelings had existed.
to know the truth
was all i wanted.
to know it's over
can only make me happy.



Here's to You

Here's to New Year's Eve
and all the memories it evokes.

Here's to the new semester
and all the anger we provoked.

Here's to finding a perfect love
and all the useless waiting we do.

Here's to Jesus Christ
cause he's the only thing worth
toasting to.



Blow Out the Candles

His gaze suddenly turned serious
She turned on the hot water
I want to be alone
Warm sensations of water on her hands
But I don't want to go
Send chills throughout her tense body
Please understand, believe me
The kitchen is all clean
Here today, gone tomorrow
Except that the water is overflowing in the sink

What more can I do?
She is clutching her own shaking body,
I understand, please go now
Tears rolling down her face.