it only takes a spark

I've been praying about being on the intercession team for Passion 2012.  I've missed the last couple of them, and I miss those kids.  Thousands of them.  Where else can you pray for thousands of college students in one location, on this earth, right now?  Nowhere else that I know of.

I had a pivotal moment in my walk a few weeks ago.  I was with Janine Parrish, one of our pastors at Hope in the City.  We were in her office, and she was praying for me, and crying with me over some hurts God is healing in me.  "I don't know if I'm an intercessor," I told her.  She looked at me and said with authority I haven't heard in awhile, "Yes you are! You are. You are a powerful intercessor."  And she went on to mention a few instances where my prayers had impacted her.

Now I don't tell you that because I think I'm powerful, but something broke in me as my soul was affirmed and the lies were disspelled.  I have powerful women of God praying for me and I am so thankful.

But what's most powerful is that God loves me, Christ lives in me and His Spirit guides me.  And I believe He has put an irrevocable call on my life.

I will call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I will be saved from my enemies.  The ropes of death came around me, the deadly rivers overwhelmed me...In my trouble I called to the LORD, I cried out to my God for help.  From his temple he heard my voice, my call for help reached his ears.  Psalm 18: 3-6 (NCV)


He hears us when we pray.  He continues to lead me on when I think the road is at an end.  Praise you Jesus!  More than once in my life He has done this.  His bloody and scarred hands have pulled me close and enfolded me to His chest way more than I could write here.

So what to do with that?  I'm praying about it.  I want His love to pour out of me. This January, I want to pray for every college student who has been depressed, felt suicidal, who is in a pit.  So bring it on, Jesus.  Be the Warrior King I know you to be.

So we have been sent to speak for Christ.  It is as if God is calling to you through us.  We speak for Christ when we beg you to be at peace with God.  2 Corinthians 5:20 (NCV)


I will carry your name
Carry Your name
Jesus your name forever
For all of my days
In all of my ways
Jesus Your name forever.
 - taken from lyrics, Carry Your Name, Passion's Here For You