...and i want to be where You are

Our worship at Hope in the City was crazy good this morning.  I love seeing people of all ages dancing as we worshipped with the song "Undignified".  It was good to realize how out of shape I am when five or six worship songs does me in.

And I was even more excited when our pastor Ron announced the church would have a three day mission trip in Austin at the end of the summer. I have been praying, as I'm sure others have, for our church to be even more entrenched in the battle for our city.  I prayed it a long time with others at the Austin Stone and we now see the first fruits of so many prayers...and prayers prayed for that church before it came into existence by Austin's oldest intercessors.

So why not Hope in the City to be even more a hope for the city? It has a wonderful global reach and is known as a church that heals.  Heals and sends out.  I'm praying for more of Austin's sick to come there...it doesn't matter where they come from, just that they get there.  To a church that's ready to meet them with open arms, ready to give.

Give, and you will receive.  You will be given much.  Pressed down, shaken together, and running over, it will spill into your lap.  The way you give to others is the way God will give to you.  Luke 6:38 (NCV)