little bird


Here's a little bird I made the first day of my new watercolor class at Laguna Gloria.  I think she looks a little angry, but maybe she is just concentrating on gettting a worm.

I was the only one who showed up without supplies.  The class description said supplies: none. I didn't know I was supposed to click on the syllabus and find the list.  I just happily assumed the teacher would supply us.  No bueno.  150 dollars later, I had my supplies.

My teacher was kind enough to round up some supplies for me the first day, and I painted this on sketch paper.  Now I will have to paint on my dollar a sheet watercolor paper.  No pressure or anything.

I'm having fun.  I turn my cell phone off.  I watch peacocks strut around the premises on my break, listen to the water fountains.  Life is idyllic at LG.

Thanks for letting me share.