You alone are God

I'm one of three people sitting in our church's sanctuary at this moment.  Our church is in the middle of a 21-day fast, and there is daily live music going on.  The songs wash over me.  Better is one day in your court Lord, than thousands elsewhere.

When satan wants disappointment, heartbreak to be my closest friends; when I want to second guess decisions we made, Jesus says "No, you will not have her."  And the chains around my ankles loosen, disappear like snakes going back to their hole.

For when I am weak, He is strong.

I look around the sanctuary, tears clouding my vision.  "Who are you looking for?"  He says to me.  "I'm already here."

And when panic, anxiety are closing in, He rushes in and rescues me.  You know my thoughts before I do.  You know my tangled heart and the reasons why even when I do not.  Peace like a river come into my soul.

Because You alone are Father, You alone are God.

Blessed be the Lord for His unfailing love, blessed be the Lord, who would not give us up.