It's a true blue miracle

Walking the beach in Port A, I watch the sandpipers skit through the sand, and think of the verse that tells us not to worry - the birds of the field - do they worry?  No they do not.

Last week I said goodbye to a dear friend of a car, if a car can be a friend.  Oh, it can be, especially if you have conversations with it.  "Last week I said goodbye, now it's been years..."  Yes I sang a little Manilow to it as I drove off.

Putting my hand on the window, I leave a dusty handprint as it hasn't been washed in a while, the way it likes it.  I said goodbye and thanked God for that car.  I got my prayer language in this car, driving home from Round Rock to Austin.  I hauled around two wee little boys who outgrew the backseat. I'd like to think the car really dug the iSurf sticker we put on it's back window.  Little Subaru Forester is now on it's way to parts heaven, it's hail damaged body not even worth salvaging.  This is no Herbie the Love Bug.  This was one cool car.

The price for a new used car?  Not in our budget.  A one car family for a while we will be.  "You came and you gave, but I sent you away..., oh Carmax..."

For the last two months, I have been fighting the idea I need another root canal.  Not so much the idea, as the reality.  There is a possibility my bite is off.  This is not related to vampires. I hate those books by the way.  Last summer I had a root canal about this time.  And the actual root canal doesn't hurt as much as the cost of the root canal.

But back to those sandpipers.  I know we can trust in being fed out of the hand of Jesus.  I know we are blessed to have family that helps us with that provision when we need it.  For friends who care and pray for us.  It means more than you know. We are some of the ones living on a one-income salary that would be considered poverty level by, oh, I don't know, Parade magazine.  God knows.  And He hears. And He provides.  And He writes the songs that carry my heart to Him.