He shredded it and He mends it

Last year we watched "The Passion of the Christ" on Good Friday as a family.  This year, I knew I couldn't take the strong images (Ben as well) and we watched some parts from "The Gospel of John."  It still caused me to weep as I'm overwhelmed by the great love of Jesus for His people, His followers, for me.

I have two favorite scenes in Mel Gibson's movie, the first being the last image of Christ's hand with the nail holes as glorious light streams through as He leaves the tomb.  The knowledge of how Great, how Powerful, how Redeeming our God is.
The second is the destruction of the temple.  The veil being torn.  The ground ripping apart.

"At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.  The earth shook and the rocks split."  Matthew 27:51 NIV 

This came to mind today as I was worshipping with Charlie Hall's song "King of Heaven (Isaiah 61)."  Part of the lyric says:

"We'll bring the Gospel to the poor
We''ll go to comfort those who mourn
You'll put together what's been torn
King of Heaven"

Thinking about that great act of the temple veil being torn, the intimacy it affords us; how  the Lord does put together what's been torn in us.  I don't know what's been torn in your life, but find comfort, power in the knowledge that the Great Lover of our souls ripped through evil so we could be redeemed.  Yeah, that's the Jesus I know.

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me.  Yet what shall I choose I do not know!  I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far, ..."  Philippians 1:21-23 NIV