hey donald miller

Today I've been reading Don Miller's new book.  I like the idea behind it, of discovering your story, at least I think that is the idea behind it.  In between reading it, I've been listening to a series by Francis Frangipane on "Pulling Down Strongholds".  It's interesting to go from Don Miller's self-deprecating wit to listening to Francis talk on the stronghold of self-hatred.  Hey Mr. Miller you might want to borrow these cd's when I'm done.

I'm also making glitter foam Valentine cookie magnets as I feel the need, a project I picked up for Ben to do.

As I read what Miller writes in the beginning of his book about basically the fact his life story seems to really be about nothing, I feel good I have a husband and two boys and if anything my story is about being a lover of God, a wife and a mom.  Today I'm content with that.  Tomorrow I may add something.

Miller points out we often write our life stories as who we would like to be, rather than who we are.  All I can say to that is that I believe we are constantly evolving, transitioning into who God would have us to be.  Into our God given destinies.  I think Miller would agree with this, or maybe not.

I got a rainbow colored Swatch watch for Christmas from my dad.  I like it a lot.  I want to be the kind of person in my story who wears this watch.  Creative, fun, joyful.

I have decided this is the year of color.  And maybe more than just my wardrobe.  My closet is organized by color, rather than by seasons.  Right now it's about 1/8 color, 1/8 white, 1/2 navy blue and 2/3 black.  My math may be a little off.  You get the idea.  Somewhere along the way of my story I thought that if I wore enough black, I would look younger and slimmer.  Now it just weighs me down.

I guess it could be symbolic of how I'm feeling about the old me.  The blackness in my former life that is now crucified to the cross of Jesus Christ.  I'm just done with it.  I don't have to look at it anymore.  I have a Hope that brings springtime and newness and color.  As the darkness tries to creep back in, it's nailed to the cross as swiftly as Jesus said "It is finished."