my heart will choose to say

But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.  Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ.  Philippians 3:7-8  NKJV

We have a small army of youth at our church in Plum Creek. Their hearts so greatly encourage me.  And I'm sure they are oblivious to it.  When the rest of the small church is worshipping (or talking or drinking coffee during worship) they are in the front rows worshipping; dancing, clapping, arms linked, or huddled in a prayer circle on the side.  It wrecks me out.   I love serving this generation and praying for them.  

I was talking to one of them last week about how things are going at Hays High School, where a lot of them attend school.   I could single him out, but I know his heart is pretty much where all of their hearts are - and that is solidly for Jesus Christ.  "It's so cool," he told me, "to see people and know God is telling you to talk to them specifically about Him and to just be obedient in it.  Even if they yell at you or walk away."  I asked him if that happens a lot. His smile was bright.  "Paul was persecuted a lot. Who better for us to be like? We know we are doing what we are supposed to be doing."

I know they are affecting their school.  I know they are stirring things up.  Jesus is stirring things up.  Our youth pastor is also one of the football coaches at the school.  His office is open all the time and our youth take advantage of this.  It's simply Jesus amazing.

Jesus is stirring things up. He's doing it in our church.  Today as we sang "Blessed Be Your Name", his heart was tangible.  Our love for Him bolder. The fellowship by His Spirit is getting stronger.  The desperation is getting louder.  There is still sin, there are still strongholds, and divisions that are breaking His heart.

But the name of Jesus is getting louder.  The Glorious, Wrecking, Restoring Love our hearts so need.