the main thing is still the main thing

I haven't shared much with many people, but I withdrew from school about 2 weeks ago. Since doing so I have received notes in the mail, from dear friends telling me they are praying and proud of me and believe in me.  Friends I had not told yet.

So it's been hard to be disappointed. Hard to realize my dreams and plans have changed.  Hard not to be surrounded by college students.  Hard to tell them I wasn't coming back.

For those of you who rolled your eyes at me when I said I was going back to school, I'm sure your eyes are rolling again now.

But for those of you who cared and loved and were excited for me, I am so grateful.

Plans change. For lots of reasons, and none that I'm going to detail here.

At the end of the first week of school, Ben looked me straight in the eye and said, "Mom, do you really think going back to school is the right move for you during this time of your life?"

Wow, I am thankful for sons who speak their minds and do it lovingly.  They get it from their dad.

I think the main thing is still the main thing, and that is to have a purpose and a hope for living.  Along with being loved.

If all I did for the rest of my life was to be Steve's wife and Syd and Ben's mom, and in love with Jesus, I would be good. I would be more than okay.  It's the love in these relationships that gives me the freedom to grow and try, to succeed and to fail. To try again.

It's okay to fail; there is so much life in the trying.

And because of this I have hope, the Lord's mercies are new every morning.  Great is his faithfulness.  Lamentations 3.