and my song shall ever be

I will surely assemble all of you, O Jacob:
I will gather the remnant of Israel;
I will set them together like a sheep in a fold,
like a flock in its pasture,
a noisy multitude of men.
He who opens the breach goes up before them;
they break through and pass the gate,
going out by it.
Their king passes on before them,
the LORD at their head.

Micah 2: 12,13

My heart is really full tonight after the gift of going to pray at First Tuesday prayer for the south campus location of the Austin Stone.  We prayed outside at the school where the campus meets.  It was a small group under some beautiful oak trees, without ceremony or much program, just there to pray and worship as the Lord's spirit blew through.  We took communion towards the end next to the giant head of a painted puma on the school's courtyard.  It was pretty great. 

And as we sang "How Marvelous" at the end of our time I looked back on the looong journey I've been on, from bright blinding mountain tops to the dark bottom dust of the valley, and then coming back to a gentle spring that is full of life and a lot of grace.  But always always with Jesus.  We are tight like dynamite.

These words below from that great song especially resonated with me :

"I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene
And wonder how He could love me
A sinner condemned unclean"

Jesus is still the lover of my soul.  It's really more than I can take most days.

I can't remember really the last time I was part of a prayer meeting.  Honestly can't.  But tonight was really special, and I'll tell you why.  The Lord is answering so many prayers of so many people with the birth of this south campus and the growth He is giving it. What an honor to pray with the leaders of this campus and the prayer team leaders - it was especially sweet.

And tonight was really special too because I got to pray with my friend and partner in prayer.  I'll call her Michele as that is her name.  Michele has been faithfully praying for the Austin Stone for 12 years.  She has prayed with teams, she has prayed when there has been no team to pray with.  She has prayer walked as she set up chairs at the downtown campus. She has prayed at the St. John's campus as she set up there too when there was no south campus.  She prayed for the south campus to exist.  And now she has prayed at this campus.  Can I call her a prayer warrior?  Most definitely.  She is quiet and unassuming (to the world) but she is a fierce warrior who has brought blessing to this church with her many years of faithful prayers.  I know it undeniably.  I could go on, but she wouldn't want me to.  I don't know of anyone who has prayed longer for this church, that is not a person on staff.

So it was really sweet to be with her and to pray for new things to come to this campus.  Jesus makes ALL things new.  We prayed it up tonight.  So many things.  Do it, Lord.  Waiting on you.